We know Asphalt
Asphalt is made up of a type of petroleum that is black in color and has a sticky consistency. It can be used to bind different types of aggregate including stone, sand, or gravel. This combination forms an asphalt-concrete that is extremely durable and strong. Thus, it is used in most road construction projects. Asphalt is not just for highways and byways; it is regarded as one of the best choices for most paving needs.
Asphalt is preferred both residentially and commercially not just because of its durability and strength, but it is less expensive than other options as well. Residentially a well-maintained driveway can increase your curb appeal giving your home a clean look. It can also increase your property value. In front of your business, asphalt paving can really give your establishment a professional look. Asphalt paving can last up to 20 years with proper asphalt maintenance.
Asphalt typically takes 7 steps to install:
• Removal of the existing surface using heavy equipment.
• Grading and sloping are considered so that the newly cleaned area can be configured for proper water drainage.
• Installation of sub-base to create a stable foundation to support the new pavement. It also acts as a barrier against severe weather.
• A sub-base inspection is done by rolling over the installation to see if the sub base flexes too much. If soft areas are found, they will be reinforced.
• Next, the binder layer is placed. It is composed of larger aggregate that is combined with oil making it highly resilient.
• Once all of the foundation layers are properly set, it is time to lay asphalt. This gives you that trademark smooth black appearance.
• If your project will connect to an existing driveway, road, or parking area butt joints will be completed to create a smooth transition between your new asphalt and the adjoining surface.
FREE INSTANT QUOTE